What am I consenting to?
How does Rocket Refreshments collect information?
Like many websites Rocket Refreshments collects information from its users from logging systems (see passive information collection) and by permitting you to communicate directly with us via e-mail, feedback forms, other interactive elements and the facilitation of direct contact by phone or in person (see active information collection). Some of the information that you submit may be personally identifiable information (that is, information that can be uniquely identified with you, such as your full name, address, e-mail address, phone number, and so on).
Passive information collection
As you navigate through a website, certain information can be passively collected (that is, gathered without you actively providing the information) using various technologies and means, such as Internet Protocol (IP) addresses, cookies, internet tags, and navigational data collection. Information collected includes server addresses, top-level domain names, dates and times of visits to the website, pages accessed and documents downloaded, previous websites visited and the type of browser used.
An IP Address is a number assigned to your computer by your Internet service provider so you can access the Internet and is generally considered to be non-personally identifiable information, because in most cases an IP address is dynamic (changing each time you connect to the Internet), rather than static (unique to a particular user’s computer). We use your IP address to diagnose problems with our server, report aggregate information, determine the fastest route for your computer to use in connecting to the Rocket Refreshments website.
“Session” cookies are temporary bits of information that are erased once you exit your web browser window or otherwise turn your computer off. Session cookies are used to improve navigation on websites and to collect aggregate statistical information.
“Persistent” cookies are more permanent bits of information that are placed on the hard drive of your computer and stay there unless you delete the cookie. Persistent cookies store information on your computer for a number of purposes, such as retrieving certain information you have previously provided (for example, program settings), helping to determine what areas of the system users find most valuable, and customising the system based on your preferences.
Active information collection
Active information collection could be considered a more traditional, and more transparent collection process. You will usually be aware that you are providing personal information.
We may actively collect personal information in the following ways:
- When you complete an online form that is specifically requesting information from you,
- Direct from you, when provide information by email, phone, mail and in person,
- From third parties (related companies, credit reporting agencies, or your representatives),
- From publicly available sources,
- Using other methods if legally required to do so.
We will exchange information and collect user information for security and user tracking purposes.
What information is collected?
We will collect a variety of low-level identifiable information as a result of site logging and statistical recording. This information includes but may not be limited to Internet Protocol (IP) address, search terms, browser type, site linking information, operating system, time of access, length of access and pages accessed. This information is generally aggregated in a form that is not individually identifiable in order to analyse trends, administer the system and gather broad demographic statistics.
When you provide Rocket Refreshments with additional information, as described under “Active Information Collection” above, we will store all data that meets the following criteria:
- Data to provide a record of business communications,
- Data necessary to follow-up and resolve requests,
- Data suitable for product marketing,
- Data required to determine and manage access privileges and rights,
- Data required to deliver services and prospective services, and
- Other data as legally required.
Rocket Refreshments will not store financially sensitive content such as credit card numbers. All online payments are processed using Pay Pal.
How does Rocket Refreshments use collected information?
Your personal information may be used in order to:
- Provide the services that you require and ensure the system is relevant to your needs,
- Deliver services such as newsletters and answers to requests,
- Administer and manage services,
- Conduct appropriate checks for credit-worthiness and for fraud,
- Research and develop our products and services,
- Gain an understanding of your needs in order to provide a better service,
- Maintain and develop our business systems, including testing and upgrading systems,
- Promote and market our services,
- Protect our intellectual property and ownership rights, and
- To fulfil any legal requirements.
Who does Rocket Refreshments disclose collected information to?
Rocket Refreshments does not disclose personal information, unless it is required for the purposes outlined under “How is the collected information used?”. In these cases and under certain circumstances, disclosure to the following organisations may occur:
- To Snack-in-the-Box and Snacktime Ltd and other related companies with suitable privacy policies,
- To outsourced providers that are part of the delivery of service,
- To selected reputable organisations for outsourced marketing of our products,
- For billing and debt-recovery purposes,
- To information technology services assisting in service delivery,
- To your representatives,
- To credit reporting and fraud checking agencies,
- To credit providers for credit related purposes,
- To our professional advisers (accountants, auditors, lawyers and professional consultants),
- To Government and regulatory authorities and other organisations as required by law, and
- To any organisation involved in the potential transfer or sale of our business assets.
How secure is my personal information?
We take reasonable steps to protect your personally identifiable information as you transmit your information from your computer and to protect such information from loss, misuse, and unauthorised access, use, modification, disclosure, alteration, or destruction.
However, you should keep in mind that the transmission of information over the Internet is not completely secure or error-free. In particular, e-mail sent to or from Rocket Refreshments may not be secure, and you should therefore take special care in deciding what information you send to us via e-mail.
Personal data will not be transferred outside the UK unless we reasonably believe that the information will remain subject to principles for fair handling of the information which are substantially similar to the National Privacy Principles and will not be collected, held, used or disclosed by the recipients of the information in a manner inconsistent with this policy.
In the event of a breach that has exposed personally identifiable information we as a processor shall notify you the controller after becoming aware of the breach without undue delay. You are responsible for notifying affected parties, the ICO and any other relevant authorities within 72 hours of being made aware of such a breach.
You may at your expense and with prior consent from us at a mutually agreed time undertake audits, vulnerability testing or other such inspections. We will assist and advise where possible to ensure we both meet any legal obligations in the relation to the handling and the processing of personally identifiable information.
Sub-processing of personal information
Rocket Refreshments does not subcontract any of its processing operations without your prior written consent.
How can I correct, delete or access my personal information?
You are able to request access to the information that is being held about you. We will provide you with details of the personally identifiable information and for what purposes it is being held.
You may also request that we update, amend any personally identifiable information being held about you. We will take reasonable steps to update or correct as soon as possible any information in our possession that is inaccurate, incomplete, out-of-date or misleading.
You may also choose to “opt-out” and instruct us to delete all personal information that pertains to you, with the exception of any information that we are legally required to store. We cannot however delete disclosed information, see “Who does Snack-in-the-Box disclose collected information to?”.